Thursday, November 12, 2009

Relief

As indicated by the increased presence of herpetofauna on MTTPL and the decreased presence of actual comics, I was studying all week for my Herpetology lab exam, which was rumored to be "one of the toughest exams at McGill" (my TA's words). And while the exam itself turned out to be not as bad as I thought it would be, let's just say Tuesday was a very looonnnnngggggg day. Not only was this hanging over my head, but I had a monster cold AND I had to look pretty for grad photos (made challenging by said monster cold) AND I had to give a presentation on why the pygmy snaketail should be considered threatened in Canada (also made challenging by said monster cold). So by the time I got onto the metro, headed at long last for home, I was ready to drop.





I'm not joking, I nearly fell asleep standing up in the LITERALLY TWO STOPS between school and my apartment. That look on my face? Pure relief--relief and anticipation of a good night's sleep and dreams mercifully free of slithering, croaking, hopping damp and scaly things.


As a side note, I can now recognize SEVENTEEN FROG CALLS! A skill that will undoubtedly serve me well in my urban surroundings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment