Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm finally getting a balcony!

On my way home from school the other day, I got this phone call from my roommate Katie:



Yes, because the limiting factor of this equation is obviously lemonade.

----

So, I meant to post this last week, when it was still freshly-baked news, but life got in the way. Regardless, it's probably new news for most of you, so...

For those of you who have never been in it/have never heard me talk about it, I have about the most nonsensical room you can imagine. Not only is it dimly-lit and awkwardly-shaped, but it has a closet that's basically just an open nook in one wall, a door that opens into a creepy dark spiral staircase/fire escape on another wall AND a large window on the third of its six walls. Oh wait--that's not a large window...it's a door. A door that opens onto nothing. Our apartment is on the second floor. You do the math.


But finally--FINALLY--after 2 1/2 years of living in this nonsensical violet room, I'm getting a balcony! Sure, I won't be able to do this (totally unsafe and definitely not mom-sanctioned) thing anymore:




But...a balcony! 


Yeah, so last Wednesday morning, I wandered down the hallway--bleary-eyed and still in my pajamas--to find a bunch of men just outside our kitchen, dismantling the balcony. It was all rather unexpected, seeing as how our landlord Dolores (or Dolly, as we fondly call her) never bothered to inform us that this massive construction project was actually happening ON WEDNESDAY, AT 7:00 A.M., ON OUR BALCONY.  But it's not like I can really complain because, well...balcony.

It's gonna be like this every day:


I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Eeeee!!!! I like this so much!!!

    I also like comparing our faces throughout the comic. In the second box, you look so happy that I just called. I look like I have something in my eye. In the last box you look furious, or like you have Graves disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never claimed to be able to draw people well. Also, I'm experimenting with expanding my repertoire of human expressions, so there's bound to be a few duds here and there.

    What is Graves disease?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graves disease is a thyroid autoimmune disease. Graves' ophthalmopathy causes the eyes to bulge in a creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the expressions were lifelike, but that could just be a sign of my worsening detachment from reality

    ReplyDelete