Sunday, November 29, 2009

Doodles

Hello all. Sorry I've been absent from MTTPL for the past few days. Some updates:
- I made a pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust for American Thanksgiving. I didn't take a picture, but a picture wouldn't really have captured the tastiness.
- Diana came to visit. It was awesome.
- I got no work done. This is why I will be in the library all day. All. Day. 
- Next week is the last week of school. Honestly, I'm looking forward to finals as a respite from paper writing.


So I have now several actual comics in the works (and many more requests for comics I just don't know when I can fill). I still haven't received any guest submissions so...you guys suck. But I figured I may as well post some of my doodles from class, which seem to be increasing in intensity the later in the semester it's gotten. I don't know why. I have a bunch, which I'll be posting over the course of the next few days, while I'm working on a) my Victorian Lit essay, b) my Conservation Bio paper, and c) revising my Herp paper, d) finishing a book, and e) shopping for Christmas presents. Oh boy.


First off, some Herp-related doodles:



Anoles are very territorial. Males flare out the colourful flap of skin underneath their chin to display to other males to get the hell away. They also use them to impress the ladies.
---

"Fame"
---

During a presentation in Conservation Bio about Snapping Turtles (Chelydra serpentina, in case you were wondering), some girl said "Many people can relate to it [the snapping turtle] on a personal level" and I immediately pictured this. Sorry, presenter-girl, I really was listening before. 
---

Ok, I know this isn't a comic, but it made me laugh (and if you have spent any significant amount of time around me, you probably will laugh too, or at the very least, smile knowingly). This is one of the peer evaluation slips I got back from my marine reptiles presentation in Herpetology. Most were very positive, and this one is too...sorta. I'm not even really offended, just tickled. Yeah, I talk with my hands. What of it?


More to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment