Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Sketches Continued

I went to go see Rocky Horror on Halloween Eve with Alex & Co. I was dressed as Magenta. On my walk there from dance class it was unpleasantly rainy and windy. I got leafed in the face. It kind of hurt.

Also, there's something oddly poetic about being leaf-slapped by a maple leaf, symbol of Canada. Hmm....

---------------------------

The Best Thing Ever


So, at Rocky Horror, before the movie/floor show began, they had a costume contest. One of the entries was this pair. I don't know who started the "MAKE OUT" cheer but pretty soon, the entire audience was on board. Dorothy and the Scarecrow looked kind of uncomfortable at first (maybe they weren't actually a couple? although...why would you go as what is CLEARLY a couple's costume) but then they got pretty into it. The emcee's response was perfect:

"It is not every day you get to rewrite a classic story."

When they won said costume contest, Dorothy leapt into the Scarecrow's arms and they then preceded to mime having sex onstage. Ah Rocky Horror...you make me happy.

---------------------------

Waiting for the bus after the show


For some reason there were a bunch of Orthodox Jews across the street, standing next to this crowd. It was . . . weird.

---------------------------

Here is a picture of me, Magenta with my brother, Riff-raff!


3 comments:

  1. Were you alone with you thoughts to contemplate the show? Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I thought I'd written in that first sentence that I went with you. It was almost 4 in the morning. Fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the picture of the scarecrow and dorothy! It deserves the title best thing ever. Also, what are your November seasonal nicknames?

    ReplyDelete