Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why I don't ask Katie to help me with my homework



While I was editing Katie's essay the other night, she offered to help me with some of my work in return. Glancing over at my assignment due the next day in Conservation Bio--status report assessments of Canadian species--I assured her that, while I appreciated the sentiment, her, um, "help" was not necessary.* This is why.



*It is a little known fact that despite her nearly six years of vegetarianism, Katie hates animals. No really. But we have a tacit understanding that we at least pretend to listen when one or the other is talking about football (Katie) or critters (me).

------

In case you were wondering, the assignment was to read over between 40 and 90 pages of population data each for 3 different Canadian species and decide if they should be listed as Endangered, Threatened, or A-OK. COSEWIC is basically the Canadian version of the IUCN.

4 comments:

  1. A much better assignment would have been playing god, where you get to condemn different species to extinction. There are a number of animals on the fridge that I wouldn't be sad to see go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe if you pitched in and ate some of them you could make a difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand, and I won't respond.

    ReplyDelete