Saturday, October 24, 2009

Not-A-Comic

I went to a live drawing session last week! This is what I drew (also some other things that weren't very good, and are therefore not posted here).


Some of the comments I got (there was a peer review of sorts at the end) included:
"It looks like an old-fashioned British illustration"
And:
"You've got a sort of fairy tale thing going on here"
Both of which I appreciated immensely, because a) I love old-fashioned British illustrations, and b) I kind of pictured this model as a mermaid, mostly because when I was little I used to cross my ankles like that in the pool and pretend I was one (that, and spend an inordinate amount of time choosing my name--inevitably something like Crystal--my hair color, my seashell bra color, and my accessories).

Next week we're drawing Nudes...which I probably won't post here. Although maybe. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment