Sunday, October 18, 2009

High time for pie time!

Since I've already included werewolf cupcakes as a post on this blog, I don't think I need to justify my inclusion of this here pie--and maybe, no one is actually debating whether or not pie is an art form. I made this Caramel Apple Pie yesterday for Katie's birthday/late Canadian Thanksgiving/early Halloween feast.




Look at our decorated table: isn't it pretty?



I came up with the idea of making place cards out of Katie's favourite soccer (ahem--football) players, but all the work here--the fall leaves and the tea light pumpkins and the chocolate eyeballs in glasses--is hers.

All in all, a successful dinner party. Martha would be proud.

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty spread! It's probably weird that I'm complimenting my own work, but whatever. The idea to make those place cards was brilliant.

    I loved the pie, it was delicioso. Martha (the spooky equestrienne) would have loved the party, despite the fact that you spurned her crust recipe this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you did cry upon reading your own words, so....

    ReplyDelete