Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 7

Hello my sweet friends,


Not much to relate today. Once again got a late start to my morning--one sinks into this bed and never wishes to get out. Sat outside and wrote my correspondence while Diana slept on and music drifted over from my uncle's office. Played with the dogs. Ate lunch with my head-to-toe pink-costumed cousins once they had returned from a 5k run to benefit breast cancer research. After lunch, Diana and I set off on a walk intended to take us into the woods near the manor, but ended up far from our hoped destination. We instead  made a giant loop that took us up grassy hills, past sheep and cows and horses grazing in various hills, and down through several small towns before again returning home.


I spent the remainder of the afternoon engaged in conversation with the eldest Miss Banks at the kitchen counter. She is evidently a great reader like I was at her age, and as a result, we had a lot to talk about. And while she may be a fan of those dreadful "Twilight" novels, I give her a pass because she loves Philip Pullman (in her defense, as well, she says "Twilight"--upon later reflection--was not written very well and the story was not really that good). The conversation then moved to conservation, and honestly, upon this subject I could speak forever. It is so very nice to encounter appreciative ears for my fascinating animal facts. 


Tomorrow, my sister and I go to Bath. 


Yours,
A








Penny

Bruno

Zorro

No comments:

Post a Comment