Saturday, June 5, 2010

Biodiversity Survey of My (Old) Room

So, as many of you know, I no longer am a resident of Montreal. However, as I realized, the title of this blog technically encompasses my life past its provincial confines, i.e. wherever I end up following my graduation from McGill University. Currently, "More Than This Provincial Life" is encompassing Studio City. By tomorrow at 4:30 p.m., "MTTPL" will encompass some 25-45,000 feet above the Earth. Starting Monday at 11:00 a.m. and until the end of the month, "MTTPL" will encompass England (and maybe Scotland, Ireland and, if Diana gets her wish, Paris for a few days). After that, well, who knows? Rest assured, my followers, both unofficial and not, this blog, like Celine Dion's heart and musical career, will go on.
*
Anyways, I was planning a while back (a while back being when I was actually taking a course called Biodiversity and Ecosystems) to do a biodiversity survey of my very own ecosystem: my room. Now, if you know me even a little, or if you've spent at least five minutes browsing the entries of this blog, you'll realize that I'm a huge animal fan. As such, my room is unshockingly decorated accordingly. And I'm not talking like, posters of kittens in hats romping in fields of daisies. "Purrrrrfect!" No. Just...no. So here for your perusal is the photographic documentation of my pseudo-scientific 'field' research.



















And that's not even including all the inhabitants of my earring display.

1 comment:

  1. If you go to Paris I know this little taxidermy store with a bunch of mounted animals that I think you'd enjoy. When I went a few years ago it had recently burned down so the collection wasn't big, but it's probably bigger now.

    ReplyDelete