Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm back! Just like those dinosaurs in that movie, "Jurassic Park." I told you not to give up on this blog just yet. There are to follow several doodles from my time on the road with my mother. Honestly, there's much more comic material than I have time to illustrate, so for now, this will have to do.

Three weeks ago, my mom and I left for Idaho, where she had an art show in Sun Valley. We drove from LA through the not-quite-a-ghost-town Ely, Nevada, and onward to the potato state, then to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We drove through many a scenic route, past field after golden field, over rivers and through woods, in the shadows of mountains. I took a lot of pictures. Here are some:

We somehow ended up in Montreal.

Mommy and me. And crow.

The booth.

This crazy house we delivered to. It was three barns, imported from the East Coast and converted into one giant super-barn. Apparently, that's something you can do.

Me in a lava field.







The sun sets on Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

On the way to Yellostone.

Yellowstone.

Fat.

A bison! I also saw a moose but I didn't get a picture of it.


A bug!

Close up!

Ol' Faithful.

Jackson Hole uses antlers in all of its decorating.

Hey!

A rainbow....sorta.

Dinosaurs fo' real.

Biker chick.


I must say, Jackson Hole was not my favorite place ever. A vegetarian like me just didn't stand a chance. But overall I had a great time--my mom and I make a great team. And we pretty much rocked the setup and takedown of her booth, even in the midst of a windstorm, during the takedown at the end of the Jackson show. It was a lot like that scene in "The Little Mermaid" with the storm when Eric gets tossed from the ship, what with the yelling orders and the sails--er, uh tent sides--flapping about. Fun times were had by all. I do love a good road trip.

*Note: bait-and-switch courtesy of Tessa.

1 comment:

  1. So what did you eat? eggs? eggs? and more eggs? Inquiring minds...

    ReplyDelete