Sunday, May 9, 2010

Momma Manta

Dear darling fantastic awesome mother,

We should be brunching together this morning, but instead I am 2,000 miles away and it is snowing and I am drinking tea alone instead of with you. I can honestly say I wouldn't be where I am or who I am without you. My love of animals comes completely from you. You always make time for me--I don't know why you put up with me sometimes. I couldn't have done anything without knowing you were there supporting me, offering up your advice. I hope that you can take a little time for yourself today, although I know you'll probably be working. And that's the other thing: you are without a doubt the hardest working person I know. Take a break. Watch some "Mad Men." Drink a cup of tea. And have a very happy Mother's Day!

Much love, 
Your daughter, who is missing her momma today

No comments:

Post a Comment