Saturday, September 19, 2009

A (Suggestive) Suggestion

Don't get me wrong: I love the BBC "Pride and Prejudice" mini-series, just the way it is. So I mean it no disrespect when I say that this would just...make it better.



This is one of the delightful things about watching a movie you've seen before, but with a new group of people. This addition is courtesy of a "P&P" viewing with the roommates two weekends ago.

It should be noted that Panels 1-3 do actually occur in the movie, although I'm pretty sure Jane Austen never even conceived of the notion of "tormented bubble baths," much less wrote the indecent exposure of one of her character's, um, nether regions at Netherfield Park.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, excellent. I always thought that scene was a little strange... I've never seen anyone take a more angsty bubble bath before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one does brooding quite like Colin Firth-as-rich-man-with-a-socially-unacceptable-love (except maybe David Boreanaz-as-tortured-vampire-with-a-soul-Angel). Plus, I like the idea of taking an angsty bubble bath--it's like taking an angry nap :)

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete