Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some paintings

So, last night I went to this super-swanky hotel to help the Redpath Museum Club (of which I'm not actually a member) paint an old-school parking meter (Montreal meters are now automated and look like this) that, come May, will stand outside my school on Sherbrooke. As I understand it, it won't be a functional parking meter, but rather any change people put in out of the goodness of their hearts will go to a charity for homeless people. So that's cool.

I painted this triceratops skull, in honour of the museum's new triceratops specimen. I can't say I'm thrilled with how it turned out, but in my defense, it's hard to paint on an uneven surface with a large-ish paintbrush and no reference photo.

I also painted this salamander (my attempt--again, without reference photo--at an Ambystoma maculatum). Apologies to my herpetology professor (who also happens to be the director of the museum).

No comments:

Post a Comment